Skip to main content

Ailurophobia?

CAT: 1.Four legged mammal, CAT family (eg:Tiger) 2.Management entrance exam for the premier businees schools in India esp. IIM's

CATalyst: 1.Facilitator of chemical reactions but doesnt take part in it. 2.Coaching institutes that give lots of gyaan on CAT

CAT-astrophe: 1.Calamity 2. A state in which, barring the top 1500,all CAT takers find themselves post CAT.

CAT-holic:1.Follower of sect of christianity,believed to have its roots in Rome or Vatican. 2.Addicted(holic: see Alcoholic for more info) to CATs or mock CAT(see above), a stage of life all CAT aspirants goes thru.

- Contributed by Renji

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sanjeevan's "Thavalai" Episode

It was a hot and boring afternoon at Podanur. It was post-lunch period when we were not allowed to play outside; to sleep in the afternoon was something that we detested (wonder when I lost this) wholeheartedly. Sanjeev and I were at home, and were growing increasingly restless. Meena paati was outside, near the temple, watching traffic on Chettipalayam road chitchatting with sundry acquaintances, her focus probably on bullock carts passing on the road - to collect some fresh dung. I looked around and spotted my favorite copper pot ( chembu kudam ) - I had a liking for its naadam . It was empty and I immediately proceeded to retrieve it from under the cot, only to start playing my favorite percussions on it. I must say that I was the virtuoso/prodigy who was allegedly endowed with skills of the mridangam Kunjumani (Meena's favorite little brother, and renowned artiste) lineage. True to my reputation, I launched on an elaborate thaniyavarthanam . Sanjeev picked the brass pot...

Meena paati's tales

Our childhood was truly enriched by the many interesting tales we heard from Meena paati .  My personal favorite was her pisashu stories - though she used it to her advantage to manipulate me. I was scared out of my wits when she announced in a menacing tone: " Rendu Kannan varan " (The two-eyed is lurking). I certainly did not pause to think what was so unusual about anyone having two eyes. But such was the impact of her tone and magic. Meena reigned supreme over all the unassuming kids of the Podanur household.   Of all her tales though, this one was interesting ( spoiler alert: I don't know the full story). This one is about a stingy guy who used to announce everyday before his meal every day: " saappattukkulla perellam varalam, varalam " (Anyone who wants a meal are welcome here). And he immediately shut his door lest someone comes to partake in the lunch (It was charitable to invite people to partake in the meals). One mischievous bloke wanted...